Sunday, September 18, 2011

CLASSICS OF CRAP: VOLUME 1-TROLL 2


Hi guys! I'm starting a new feature on my blog called Classics of Crap, where I draw some of my favorite "so bad, they're good" movies. Kicking off this event is Troll 2, a movie I discovered one fateful night flipping around basic cable stations in the early 90's. I had seen and enjoyed the first Troll a few years earlier, so I figured, why not. After sitting through the whole thing, waiting for an actual troll to show up (Spoiler alert: they never do), I logged this one away as just another disappointing experience. After moving to LA, I met one of my best friends, Joseph, and he told me of a similar experience. As we watched it again, we discovered out opinion had completely changed. Suddenly, Troll 2 became a unintentionally hilarious comedy. Apparently, some other people thought so too. The "Oh my godddd" clip has been viewed on YouTube millions of times, and Troll 2 still plays at midnight screenings all over the country. So, remember kids, Nilbog is Goblin backwards, and remember to eat the ice cream. It's nice and creamy!

1 comment:

George Kaprielian said...

FIRST. awesome man haha. so great